Busily working away.
She had a "test" yesterday and did awesome!
These are all the words Aubrie read all on her own during school time yesterday.
Here's Christian getting into one of the few cupboards that still has stuff in it. The rest of our stuff is packed in the garage.I'm posting these photos to show that even though our housing situation is up in the air yet again, life goes on as normal around here. We still do kindergarten at home, we still do swimming lessons, I am still loving working ten hours a week at the church, and Christian still likes getting into everything.
Things don't always go as planned but I am not stressing about it because I believe the outcome will still be good.
Let me go back to the beginning.
Last weekend, we were supposed to move into our new house. That obviously didn't happen. Last Thursday, we were out and about on some errands and were just about to go and order a fridge and dryer for our new house when we got a call from our realtor. It was not good news. The people buying our house had their financing fall through. We could hardly believe it. Almost everything was packed (and still is), we are sleeping on just our mattresses on the floor, and we are bascially living out of suitcases and a couple plastic bins.
All hope is not lost, however. Things are just put on hold. Our buyers are currently working with a new bank on a new loan and it's very possible things could still go through, but it will just be a little later than we had planned on. Of course, I will believe it when I see it and when all our signatures are officially on paper and we are in the moving truck and headed to the house. But, in the meantime, we just take one day at a time and maintain a close relationship with our realtor.
In the meantime, I have to keep washing our towels because we only have two in the bathroom and I haven't yet ventured out to the garage to find everything that I now need again. I haven't been baking because I'm missing several of my baking pans. I'm wearing the same outfit over and over because most of my clothes are packed as well. And you know what?
It's okay.

5 comments:
Ohhhhh.
Your situation continues to be in our prayers.
It is wonderful that you have still been able to keep a good attitude! :o)
Yes, it IS OK......another chance to grow those "spiritual muscles."
Mom
We are praying for you Lesley, we love you guys!
tough stuff! I am a planner too, and it must be difficult to be in limbo. Good attitude though, and who knows, you just might find you only need 2 outfits- think how clean your new closet would be!
Any update yet???? I hate it when life feels like it is in limbo.... you guys are doing awesome!
Post a Comment