Monday, November 30, 2009

Latest Happenings

We are still on schedule to close on both houses on December 18th. We are still hoping and praying that all goes as planned and that there are no surprises before that date. I am trying to decide if I should decorate for Christmas here, take it all down, pack it up and move it to the next house, and then set it all up there. Or not. Whew. It almost sounds like too much work. We'll see.

In two days, I will have a consulatation with a surgeon concerning my gall bladder. Please pray that I will have wisdom during this appointment and that I will get all my questions answered. Of course, I would like to avoid surgery during a time of moving to a new house and Christmas getting close, but if it must be done, then I guess I'll have to do it. I can't remember what I posted about this before, but my HIDA scan results were not normal. I was sad to hear that but happy at the same time to know that there is a reason for the pain I've been having for the past year and a half. Basically, I was told that my gall bladder is "slow functioning." I'm not a doctor, but according to my symptoms and all the research I've done, I believe that bile is getting trapped in my gall bladder and producing a sort of sludge which then causes my pain. But, I still have a lot of questions about the specifics of my test results and that is what I will talk with the surgeon about.

Thankfully, the pain has been mild for the past couple of months. I'm thankful for that! I know how it feels when it is not mild and so I'll take whatever I can get. I have cut out some, but not all, fat out of my diet and am wondering if this has anything to do with the pain being less intense. Who knows.

I also wanted to let people know that Kayley is having a procedure called a VCUG (I think) next week. She was found to have a urinary tract infection and she needs to have this test done to make sure her kidneys are in good shape and that there is no reflux, or backing up of urine, and that everything is flowing the way it should. Chances are good she is fine, but it is a good thing to check and be sure about.

I am sure it will not be pleasant for her so please pray that it will go smoothly, that she will not be in pain or discomfort, and that I can easily distract her. (The doctor suggested blowing bubbles with her during the procedure. We'll see how that goes) Thanks and I'll keep you posted on how it goes and what the results are.

No comments: