So far, we have only gotten the front of the house painted. We still have to do the rest of the house, the garden shed, the garage, and all the trim. Then we'll put up new house numbers and a new mailbox. We also want to get some new doors and eventually build some new steps for the front and side of the house. But the color change has been a huge improvement and we've had great feedback from our neighbors. :)
Now, I'd like your opinion on something: Should we put the shutters back on the house, and if so, what color should they be? Some say they add a nice touch but others have said that the house looks longer and less "crowded" looking without them. So, what do ya think?
5 comments:
I like it with the shutters! Gives if a finished tidy look with a little character. Just my opinion :-) Way to go! Gotta love those list of projects---oh we have so many!
Liking the shutters:)
I like the shutters too. But I have always been a fan of shutters :)
At first I thought yes for the shutters, but then I realized that it does look bigger without them. But either way, it looks cute, so whether it looks cozier, or more spacious, it will be fine!
I like the shutters. It is odd to see myself write that, since I have not been a person for useless decorations. But as I look at the two pictures up close, the shutters add a homey, completed look. I would recommend, if possible, put one window's shutters up and step back, take a good look, then make your final decision. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be great.
Post a Comment