Sunday, August 23, 2009

Things that make me smile

After a long day, when I'm brushing my teeth in the bathroom, I love to find things like this on the counter because it makes me smile.

I'm always finding little creatures and animals snugly wrapped in washcloths, blankets, or other creative things. I even found a little stuffed pig wrapped up and ready for bed in one of Sam's socks today. It was so cute. Aubrie and Kayley are so nurturing with their "babies" and so good about putting them to bed. They are also good about disciplining them. More than once, I've heard them giving their little baby of the moment a stern warning to stay in bed or they'll "get a spank."

Sadly, the little baby, animal, or creature doesn't always obey and does in fact get spanked.

But, they learn their lesson, life goes on, and my girls continue being good little mommies.

And it makes me smile.

1 comment:

S. and Company said...

Hi Lesley,
I meant to just do a really quick skim on our blog roll tonight, but when I saw your post I just had to sign in and leave a comment. :o) It made me smile and laugh out loud. Haddie just turned two, but already I can see the little "mommy" in her too. We have been gone on vacation for a week with some relatives, and Haddie happened to find some big rubber lawn darts that the boys had been playing with. The boys would pick them up and say things like "blast off!" and make exploding sounds. But my little Haddie picked up the four lawn darts and held them together and said, "Ah, group hugs!" ;o)

Anyway, thanks for sharing. It made me smile. Your girls sound so sweet!