We're having one of those days around here. You know, the kind where you just want to go back to bed and start the day over at a later time.
It began with Christian waking me up around 6:45 a.m. He never wakes up this early and if he does, he nurses and goes right back to sleep for another hour or two. Normally, I might have handled this better but I was exhausted from a poor night of sleep and really wanted a little more shut-eye time. Eventually, I drug myself out of bed, picked Christian up out of his crib, and flopped on the couch with him. He crawled around, stepped on my hair (ouch), looked out the window, and then decided he wasn't happy anymore. And he's been pretty cranky ever since.
I've also been breaking up lots of fights between the girls and administering lots of discipline.
Oh, and did I mention it's raining outside?
And every time I leave the room that Christian is in, tell him, "no", or take something away from him that's he's not supposed to have, he lets out an ear splitting shriek and starts to cry again. Did I mention he's crabby today and has been crying a lot?
Sigh.
So...my ears hurt, my head hurts, and I'd like a vacation. And lots of sleep.
But, I guess I'll just go take care of my kids instead. Because that's what mothers do, right?
1 comment:
or they beg their sisters to come over and help entertain nephews.
or they drag them all to the YMCA.
or they make them run intervals on the street in front of the house.
That is what we are doing, anyway!
Good luck! Hope Sam is home now.
Post a Comment