
I know this is a controversial topic but I felt it pressing on me to post about it anyway. When I first heard the idea that the birth control pill could cause abortions, I was about 20 and in college and I scoffed at the idea. I thought it was ridiculous. Years later, when it started to nag at my conscience that I should at least research it (I research everything -- I think it's a disease) I was shocked at what I found. It's true and the information is out there for anyone choosing to look.
Don't believe me? Think it's crazy, legalistic, or just plain not true? I encourage you to look into it for yourselves. You may be surprised at what you find.
This book is a great resource for looking into this topic. It is short, factual, and to the point. The author is a reputable man who has written several other books as well, including one I really enjoyed titled The Treasure Principle. He actually was hoping to disprove the idea that the birth control pill can cause abortions when he started researching for the book. What he found also shocked and saddened him.
In the past several months, I've talked to several of my friends about this. One friend adamantly disagreed with me but I continued to encourage her to look into it for herself. We agreed to disagree but often had lively debates on this topic. Finally, I found this book online and ordered several copies of it and passed one on to her as well as to my pastor and his wife who are good friends of ours. My friend that had disagreed with me earlier started reading it and called me and said, "I just feel like I've been lied to." Yes, it's likely she was lied to by doctors, friends, or whoever. Most people don't want to believe that something that millions of women are taking could cause abortions. But now she knows the truth. Now, when discussing the topic of birth control, my pastor's wife and friend will often come to me and ask me about certain pills she's seen on tv or read about (because she knows I research everything) and we check into it together.
Anyway, the book is very cheap and can be found online. A great website that talks about this topic as well as Randy Alcorn's book is: http://www.prolife.com/BIRTHCNT.html
I would just like to give a friendly encouragement to people to not write off the idea until you've totally researched it for yourselves. And to my friends who disagree, I love you anyway. :=) But you still need to check into it :=)
I'm not saying that all women should have a ton of kids and that nobody should use any form of birth control or child spacing. I'm just saying that the Pill is not in my list of options.
Don't believe me? Think it's crazy, legalistic, or just plain not true? I encourage you to look into it for yourselves. You may be surprised at what you find.
This book is a great resource for looking into this topic. It is short, factual, and to the point. The author is a reputable man who has written several other books as well, including one I really enjoyed titled The Treasure Principle. He actually was hoping to disprove the idea that the birth control pill can cause abortions when he started researching for the book. What he found also shocked and saddened him.
In the past several months, I've talked to several of my friends about this. One friend adamantly disagreed with me but I continued to encourage her to look into it for herself. We agreed to disagree but often had lively debates on this topic. Finally, I found this book online and ordered several copies of it and passed one on to her as well as to my pastor and his wife who are good friends of ours. My friend that had disagreed with me earlier started reading it and called me and said, "I just feel like I've been lied to." Yes, it's likely she was lied to by doctors, friends, or whoever. Most people don't want to believe that something that millions of women are taking could cause abortions. But now she knows the truth. Now, when discussing the topic of birth control, my pastor's wife and friend will often come to me and ask me about certain pills she's seen on tv or read about (because she knows I research everything) and we check into it together.
Anyway, the book is very cheap and can be found online. A great website that talks about this topic as well as Randy Alcorn's book is: http://www.prolife.com/BIRTHCNT.html
I would just like to give a friendly encouragement to people to not write off the idea until you've totally researched it for yourselves. And to my friends who disagree, I love you anyway. :=) But you still need to check into it :=)
I'm not saying that all women should have a ton of kids and that nobody should use any form of birth control or child spacing. I'm just saying that the Pill is not in my list of options.
What do you think? If you've researched this topic as much as I have, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.
2 comments:
I agree! I used to scoff at the idea but when I worked at Birthright and did tons of research I became convinced that there are better ways to prevent kids. Even if it didn't have the slight chance of causing an early abortion, putting chemicals into your body can't be good for you. Someone told me they actually use horse urine in bc pills!
I agree! I used to scoff at the idea but when I worked at Birthright and did tons of research I became convinced that there are better ways to prevent kids. Even if it didn't have the slight chance of causing an early abortion, putting chemicals into your body can't be good for you. Someone told me they actually use horse urine in bc pills!
Post a Comment