Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our "sled" dog

The girls are ready to go!


Jack

Sitting like a good dog



It just goes to show that perseverance does pay off. Everybody thought we were crazy when we got a golden retriever puppy because life was already a little nuts with a new baby. And you wouldn't believe how hard it's been at times to get through all the puppy accidents and training.

So not that he is perfect now, but Jack has been doing so good and has shown tremendous improvement on everything we've tried teaching him since we first got him as a little tiny puppy.

The latest fun thing we've been doing on these long winter days with a ton of snow on the ground is for Sam to take Jack and the girls out to a neighborhood sledding hill. And the best part is that Jack is strong enough and the girls are still little enough that he pulls them in the sled! It's great! Jack gets a good workout and gets some of the energy out of him and the girls have a blast.

I wish I could go along but I didn't want to take Christian out in the cold for too long. So he is napping right now and Sam is out with Jack and the girls and I snapped the picture of them in the sled right as they were leaving. I'm sure everyone will come back rosy cheeked and happy. :)

3 comments:

LS said...

Cute! Golden retrievers are the best!

LS said...

Check out this story about an abortionist who is now pro-life:


http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/nov/08111304.html

S. and Company said...

I got a kick out of both the sled dog post and the one about your good little eater! ;O)
That's so neat that he can (and will!) pull the girls on a sled! I always wanted a dog who would do that when I was little!

Seth was like Christian - acting like a hungry little birdie with an open mouth when he saw me eating by about the same age. Isn't that so funny that at such a young age, babies can understand so much?

Thanks for the encouragement about my recent post! I appreciate that!

Oh, I saw Lindsey asked a question about what curriculum you're going to use... would you mind if I ask the same thing? We're most likely going to homeschool and I love getting input!

Blessings,
Natalie