Friday, January 23, 2009

A Sister Is...


















A Sister is someone who tearfully screams, "Don't forget my sister!" when you're out in public and you're about to head home.


A Sister is someone who always thanks God for you when she prays at meal times.


A Sister is someone who cringes when she sees you getting shots at the doctor as if she's getting them herself. Then she rushes to comfort you afterwards.


A Sister is someone who notices when Mommy puts a new shirt on you and compliments you on it.


A Sister is someone who acts incredibly happy to see you, even when it's only been a couple hours that you've been apart.


A Sister is someone who understands your sense of humor and can have endless giggle fits with you in the backseat of the mini-van.


A Sister is someone who is always looking out for you and will stand up for you if need be. She will tell people, "Be nice to my sister" if they get out of line.


A Sister is someone who will play the same game with you millions of times over and not complain.


A Sister is someone who hates to see you get hurt and is always offering you band-aids for every little scratch.


A Sister is someone who is quick to forgive you when you've stolen one of her toys.


A Sister is someone who will get you toys and books and put them in your crib in the morning if it's too early to get up and Mommy hasn't come in the bedroom yet.


A Sister is a blessing, a gift, the one you fight with the most, the one you love the most, the one you play with the most, and just something that is really special.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Very sweet!

LS said...

What a beautiful post! Now I wish I had a sister!

That little Kayley has one of the biggest, prettiest smiles I have ever seen! Both of your girls are gorgeous but little Kayley looks like she has an extra measure of mischief in her smile! She's going to be a heartbreaker for sure!

The Three 22nds said...

Cute post! I grew up with sisters, now my boys have brothers.

A lot of those I could see with boys too...especially the "don't pick on my brother" ones.

One for all and all for one!

SS said...

WOW I can't believe how much bigger Aubrie is than Kay Kay!! Aubrie looks so big compared to her, even though she herself is little...

Leah said...

Oh, very sweet Lesley!

It was so good to see you the other day! (what day was that?)
So sorry for the impromptu drop-by, but it was GOOD to see you all!

Heather said...

So sweet! I always love the pictures of your girls. I think they're the most photogenic little beauties I've ever seen!

And Christian is a handsome little guy, too!