Not too long ago, our family attended a memorial service to remember the 609 babies that were lost to abortion in our city. I am glad we went and that our kids were able to be a part of it and learn that it is important to continue the pro-life fight no matter what we come up against. It was also a way to show them that all those little ones are not forgotten by us even though they were tragically denied life by their own mothers.
The poem that I wrote awhile back about Christian and Sam was printed in the bulletin for the service and a pastor stood up and read it out loud. I almost choked when I first heard him read it and say my name because I didn't know he was going to do that and I hoped I wouldn't have to stand up or anything. :) But, it was fine and I was happy to share the poem with others in hopes that it may encourage them.
Right now there is a "40 days for life" campaign going on in front of the abortion center in our city where people are there praying around the clock. I hope to get it on some of that as well and I am also looking forward to a pro-life banquet that is coming up on October 11. There will be a dinner and then the featured speaker will tell us about her former job as an abortionist and how she became saved and now fights for life. I'm really looking forward to that.
I know I've said this before, but again, I encourage any of you who call yourselves pro-life to pray for a way to be involved in standing up for those who have no voice. There are so many ways you can fight for the unborn.
If you're interested in seeing a picture of our family at the memorial service, you can go to the pro life ministry's webpage and take a look. We were asked to walk up to the front and see the plaque that was dedicated to the unborn and to pray. In the picture, I was leaning down to pray with Aubrie and asking God to "save babies." Kayley is in front of us and Sam and Christian are behind the girls and me. I pray our kids grow up to be fighters for the pro-life cause as well and to stand up for what is right.
1 comment:
I liked your "write-up" and pictures too. I read again your poem....it's something to read over and over....you know, I think you could get that submitted and printed.
Post a Comment