Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crazy

Well, it is official. We are moving. Now, we just have to figure out where to! After having our house on the market for about two weeks, we incredibly got an offer on it. We counter-offered, they accepted it, and here we go! The buyers set their closing date for November 13. Yikes! Have I ever mentioned how much I despise the process of moving? I am excited about being in a new house but thinking about all the work involved to get there makes me feel like sitting in the middle of my living room floor and weeping.



It's okay, though. We'll get it done. We are so thankful that our house sold so quickly, that we got a good price for it, that we will be able to pay off a chunk of debt, and that we have a down payment for the next house. Yahoo, God is good!



We will be house hunting Friday and will try to make a decision by early next week. I know that seems like a rush but unfortunately, we have to rush in order to not be homeless on November 13. Sam and I have spent hours looking at places online and we have a pretty good idea of what we want. We have narrowed it down to four house. Two of them are in the city across the bay and two of them are in the area where Sam works. We will still attend the same church, go to the same activities, etc., but will just be living in a different area.



Please pray for us if you think of it. We have some huge decisions to make and the stress of everything has really caught up to me. I have been battling awful headaches and have not been sleeping good up until last night. I am not a fan of change or transition and I like to have things settled. I am trying to keep a positive attitude, figure out where to start packing, home school Aubrie, and of course keep up with all my other daily tasks. It can be overwhelming but I keep reminding myself over and over to be grateful. Not everyone can sell a house in two weeks in a tough economy and actually come out ahead. But, God can and He did!



Oh, and who wants to come to our house and help us move everything we own all in one day? Hmm, where did everybody go??? Ha! Just kidding. Actually, if you could be praying for the sellers of our future house to let us move some stuff in early, or at least into a garage, then we could do things more gradually.



I also need to schedule that HIDA scan (per the advice of my wise friend, Kristin) before I get another pain attack and wish I had. Sigh. So much to think about.



So, that's the latest with us. Now, I need to go check on my little munchkins. I'm still hearing happy sounds so that is good......

1 comment:

LS said...

Oh I'm so sorry and will be remembering you in prayer in the coming weeks. I'm glad for a fresh start and a house closer to work and paying down debt but boy do I know the feeling of wanting to sit in your living room and weep about the work involved. I'm still finishing up moving boxes around from my unpacking after packing needlessly! We will be moving for sure by April and I dread the work invovled but at least we have some time. We're looking at housing options too and I hope we can buy and stay settled for a good, LONG time!

Praying for you and wishing with all my heart I was closer. I'd take your kids (and homeschool Aubrie for you) and fix you meals and Josiah would help you move. Bummer to be so far from friends at a time like this!