
It's going really, really well! Aubrie is doing so good and making lots of progress.
How do you make it work with the other two kids around?
Ummm....good question. See above pictures and notice that it can be a challenge.
Over all, I am incredibly happy with how kindergarten at home is going with Aubrie. We have now completed ten days of it and I hope to work out the kinks and make things run more smoothly as we go along. The main challenge is keeping Kayley and Christian busy while I work with Aubrie. We spend almost two hours a day doing school so it can be stressful with the constant interruptions from siblings.
Some days are easier than others. Some days Kayley stays busy and some days Christian naps almost the whole time which is great! Other days are more challenging but we always get through our work and do the best we can. It's exciting to see Aubrie learning and reading and I LOVE the flexibility of home schooling! We stick to a pretty basic routine and almost always do it in the morning but I love knowing that if our morning is hectic or we have to be somewhere that we can just move it to a later time that day. There is no worrying about getting three kids out of bed, dressed, and out the door at the crack of dawn to take anybody to school for a full day. We just take each day as it comes. I LOVE IT! :)

3 comments:
Wow, praise God Lesley! You are serving the King of Kings, as you help to mold those little hearts and minds. I am praying for you!
We are having challenges with the nice weather and the 2 year old, Who has quit napping. Looks like Aubrey loves to do her school, which probably helps protect her from the distractions, even if it doesn't help you. Deacon would rather join in the fun than do school...
I absolutely love the pic of Christian on the table! Heehee! He looks so much older than Justus because he has so much hair! I am glad that you are enjoying it so much!
Post a Comment