Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Agate hunting

My cutie pie loving the rocks


We've had a fun long weekend that included a trip up the shore to where some friends of ours live. We had a great time with them. When we first got there, Sam gave their daughter a guitar lesson, then we ate home made pizza together, and then we set off for the shore to look for agates and other fun rocks.

It was one of the most beautiful days I've ever experienced along the lake here with perfect temperatures and the water being as calm as glass.

Everybody had fun looking for rocks, especially the kids, and here are a few pictures I snapped of our afternoon.


Gotta love that scrunchy face



Beautiful!



Our rock hunting group. I think Sam was off exploring further down the shore somewhere so that's why he isn't in this picture.



The water was cold as always, but beautiful and refreshing.



Kayley had a blast getting dirty and wet!

Aubrie on the lookout for fun rocks









No comments: