Saturday, June 14, 2008

Evening at the Park






Today it finally felt like summer and we went to a park to walk and let the girls play at the playground there. It was beautiful there! We had fun walking along the river and Sam had fun testing the temperature of the water which he said was freezing. (And people were actually swimming in it!) I noticed that the mosquitos are starting to be bad already or maybe they've been bad for awhile but it's just been too cold outside for me to go out and notice.

Anyway, it was a perfect evening to be out. The only problem was when a group of rowdy little boys started throwing sand at the playground and both Aubrie and Kayley got sand and rocks thrown at them. I told those boys to stop it since I didn't see their parents anywhere. We finally just decided to head home.

When we got back, I stayed out in my garden weeding until it was almost dark. I kneeled down on a piece of carboard and the only problem was standing back up as I made my way down the garden. And the weirdest thing happens when I bend over -- I can hear fluid squishing around in my tummy -- weird! And kind of gross. Hope everything is okay in there and my little boy is comfy now that he's taken over my body and made me very uncomfortable! :)

3 comments:

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

I was just thinking about our walks down by the lake in Duluth last summer. What I wouldn't give to be able to grab a coffee and take a long walk with a good friend along a beautiful lake shore! Of course at this point, I wouldn't make it very far! :)

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

Speaking of motorized carts -- when I was off bedrest, but still not back to full activity level with my first pregnancy, Steve and I went to Target and he made me ride around on one of those carts. I was SO embarrassed -- especially when it started beeping loudly when I backed up! It wouldn't be so bad if there were two of us though. I can picture it now! :)

Anonymous said...

Montana Grandma says, "This is one of those wish-you-were-there/here evenings." Ahhhhhhhh summer!