Thursday, June 5, 2008

Aches and Pains

Thanks for the tips and ideas from those who commented on having sore hips in pregnancy too. I have tried using lots of different pillows in lots of different ways but I guess there's not much I can do to get rid of the pain except have the baby! It's hard because my whole hip and leg start to ache and then I have to flip over, which all of you know is quite difficult when pregnant, and not too long after that my other hip and leg start to ache. I'm like a pancake flipping all night!

I still remember the feeling of laying back in my hospital bed after having each of my girls and how GOOD it felt to be comfortable in bed and be able to breathe on my back! Guess I'll just look forward to that day.

I've also been having annoying contractions lately that really feel like labor pains at times but I know they're not and I try to ignore them. Why does my body have to be "practicing" so early?? It often happens when I'm walking or doing something active. Any of my other preggo friends having that?

Well, I'm due three months from today. I'm getting closer and pretty soon I'll be dealing with sleep deprivation and other things and will wish it was just my hips aching. :)

1 comment:

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

I can sympathize with you on the hip pain. One good thing is that it is a motivation to get up and moving in the morning! ;) Sometimes I just have to look for the silver linings.

Keep an eye on those contractions. If it happens when your active, sit or lay down for a little while and let your body rest. Also be sure that you are keeping yourself plenty hydrated and keeping your bladder from getting too full. Dehydration or a full bladder can trigger the contractions, too. Sometimes I think maybe I should just sit on the toilet and drink water all day long -- it's such a balancing game. :) I'll be praying the contractions don't get any worse for you until due time.

Miss you my friend!
Anne