Monday, June 2, 2008

26 weeks


So here's my belly at 26 weeks. I'm starting to get the comments such as "Boy, you're really popping out!" (what they really mean is "You're HUGE!") but I'm trying not to let it worry me that I still have three months to go and I don't know where my body is going to put this baby who is only going to get bigger!

Anyway, he kicks, squirms, and gets the hiccups ALL the time and Aubrie just loves to feel it and giggle. Kayley just says, "my brudder!" but has no idea what a brother actually is, I don't think. Guess she'll find out soon enough. I'm praying for a good adjustment for her since she's definitely the baby of the family now but I think it will go as good as it can for a two year old.

I've been working in my garden a bit lately and boy is it hard to bend over a watermelon! I seriously have the hardest time getting into a good position to get down in the dirt without looking and feeling ridiculous - and now that I'm complaining, did anybody get really sore hips while sleeping during their pregnancies?? Any tips on dealing with that?

Okay well that's about all for now!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

With Noah, my hips always ached so bad when lying down. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice other than they felt better after delivery. :-)

I tried a body pillow, a pillow between my legs, and everything else I could think of to help. But nothing did. Sorry!

LS said...

I always sleep with a thin memory foam pillow between my legs and that helps the hips but I always feel like a truck ran over my body at bedtime and my feet and ankles are starting to look swollen at the end of a long day.

Your belly is looking pretty big now! It's not that much longer and he will be here before you know it! Being preggo in the summer is great because summertime always goes by fast and there are lots of activities to distract I'm finding out. I didn't gain ANY weight between April and May but then after eating tons of family meals when my brother was here and eating lots of desserts and eating out with him, I got on the scale a week ago and my nurse gasped. Never a good sign! She said, "My goodness, you've gained 9 pounds! Making up for lost time!"

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

I am impressed that you are out working in the garden. Maybe because my activity level has to be so low when I'm pregnant I can't imagine being able to do anything! :)

My hips get SO sore too. I also put a pillow between the legs, but because I don't really care for the feel of it, I use a travel size pillow rather than a standard one.

Your belly is looking great!