Monday, April 14, 2008

It's a ...


BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, I could hardly believe it when I heard the word, "boy" this morning at our ultrasound. After a few seconds when I was sure I heard right, I got tears in my eyes, looked over and saw the big grin on Sam's face, and almost exploded with joy.
Of course we would have been happy with another girl, but there is just something REALLY exciting about venturing into a world we've never been in before after having two girls. The ultrasound was soooo much fun and our little guy sure was active. He wasn't shy about showing us his gender but he kept turning his face away from us. Finally, we got a good face shot which you can see above. The 4-D pictures are amazing! Wow! To be able to see his little face so clearly was so incredible.

You can see the umblilical cord that was up by his face and it's NOT in a knot or wrapped up in a dangerous way -- I made sure to ask about that. (Yes I'm a nervous mommy that asks about everything)

I am still somewhat in a state of shock but also so happy I can hardly contain it. Sam's mom brought over three adorable little boy onesies this morning after she found out and they are SO cute!!! It's so foreign to me after the past few years of fixing hair, dressing in pink, and so on. I have a feeling this will be really fun. I am already getting ideas in my head about how to decorate the baby's room.

I have a son! That sounds so weird! We are so thankful and excited! :)

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay! Congrats guys! I wish our clinic did those 4-D images. Those pictures are amazing!

Can't wait to meet the little guy. He and Noah will be little buddies!

Kristin said...

P.S. Looks like you'll have to change your blog name after all! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh....Montana Grandma and Grandpa are sooooooo excited!!!!!

Steve, Anne, Asher & Karis said...

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! We are thrilled to hear the news. And we have no problem with name sharing! :)

Love, Anne

LS said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! For some reason the e-mail you sent with all of his photos wouldn't come up so I didn't get to see them except for this one on your blog. 4D is so cool! Is it my imagination or does he look a little bit like Kayley?

I wondered if you were going to change your blog name now!

Now we just have the countdown until we can hold our baby boys......

Karen said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you both! I didn't know they did 4-D pictures! That could be a cool tool for the sidewalk counseling that you do.