Well, sorry to all of those who think that trying to find out the gender of your baby before they are born is "cheating" but I am very much looking forward to April 14 and hopefully finding out if we're having a boy or girl! I'm hoping to video tape the ultrasound if they let us, like some cool friends we have did (thanks for the idea, Steve and Anne :)) and will post it on here if I can.
My gut feeling from the beginning has been that it's a boy but I question myself all the time. It's funny when people ask me things like, "What are you going to do if you have another girl?"
Should I say, "Um, I don't know -- put her back?"
People are so funny! A lot of people think that the only reason we're having a third child is because we have two girls and want a boy. But honestly, we just wanted a third child!
I do hope that if the news comes out being, "it's another girl!" that people won't groan and think we've failed or something. I seriously will be so happy either way. Having already had two girls, I know how much fun they can be and having never had a boy, I don't know what I'm missing.
In fact, I was just at Target yesterday and saw some adorable newborn girl clothes and I got the sudden itch to dress up a baby girl again.
Of course, if it IS a boy, we will be thrilled too and it will be a whole new world for us. Either way, it will be a joy and I can't wait to discover what God is blessing us with. Of course, if the baby doesn't cooperate and this is the one time we won't be able to tell, I'll just CRY! And then I'll smile and wait four more months. Oh well.
I will get another belly pic on here soon. I'm almost 18 weeks now and the baby has really started moving a lot more which is fun.
1 comment:
It's crazy what people think about families and that you need to have one boy and one girl and be done nowadays. I think it would be awesome if you had a little girl and had 3 little beauties to raise to be women of God. I loved what you said about how WE WANTED A THIRD CHILD not that WE WANTED A BOY! People don't understand this with us either. They think we had an "oopsie" or a "surprise" and my aunt commented the other day that this is my last one (What? I never told her that!)
Whatever you have I'll be excited with you!
Post a Comment