
We made it! After a very long and exhausting weekend, we moved into our first house last Saturday. It was one of the craziest, most tiring times I've ever been through and I hardly did anything except keep the kids out of the way while Sam and a bunch of guys moved the stuff!
The first night in our house felt SO weird. I kept feeling like it was just another rental and we better be careful and not wreck anything. Ha! We can do whatever we want to our house so I have to get out of rental mode!
We really love our place even though it needs updating. It is liveable, just very
70's ish with an interesting color scheme and some even more interesting wallpaper. Of course we have LOTS of plans for changing things but will have to take one project at a time otherwise we'll go broke. :)
Here's a pic that Sam snapped as the girls and I (and our cat) arrived for our first night at our house. We are standing on the side stoop and in the background is our storage shed. You gotta love that green paint! That will be our first summer project -- to paint the house!
I have some much better pictures of the house but I can't find where they are saved on our computer. I'll ask Sam and post a bunch soon so you can get a better look!
We love having a place of our own. Upstairs is three bedrooms, a bathroom, a big living room, a dining room, and kitchen. Downstairs is a full basement with another bedroom, a tiny bathroom, laundry area, and a big open room and lots of closets. The basement is very ugly and dirty (with dark brown paneling and scary wallpaper) but Sam already cleaned out the laundry area for me and my new washer and dryer arrived a couple days ago! Yay! So it looks a lot better already and we can't wait until we can tear down paneling and wallpaper, paint, add a nice flooring, and lots of other fun stuff.
We have a two car detached garage with lots of space and we are on a corner lot so we have some yard on all sides and the house gets tons of sunshine which I love.
Anyway, the girls are loving having the space to run around in and having a bigger bedroom.
I had a check-up a couple days ago and heard the baby's heartbeat again and got my ultrasound scheduled for next month. Whoohoo! We're just about to find out if we'll be adding another girl or having a boy!
That's about all for now!
3 comments:
Yippee! I am glad to hear you are in your house. I can't wait to see more pictures! I am trying to pump myself up for the big move next month -- I am SO excited, but am nervous about trying not to overdo it. We have our ultrasound on Thursday so hopefully we'll be able to find out what our little one is. Check our blog at the end of the week for news!
Love, Anne
Congratulations Lesley and Sam on your new home! I look forward to seeing pictures of the improvements; it will be so fun to "make it your own"!
Congrats! I think the color is pretty wild and cool although I can see why you would want to change it eventually. You can always give people easy directions to your place (the sea green place on the corner!) I can't wait to see more pics! By the way, your belly bump is cute and you look SO SO SO thin! You must have lost a ton during the icky first trimester. Not that you needed to either! I hope your intuition is right and you get a little boy! My midwife is convinced that mine is a boy, but I still say a girl. I guess we'll find out on April 11th!
Post a Comment