I am still around. I always think about blogging but sometimes feel like it's a wasted effort when nobody really reads my blog. I know, boohoo for me, but if I knew people were reading regularly, I'd have tons of stuff I'd probably post. (Sorry, Mom -- I know you read it and thank you!) Paft of the problem is that I put a lot of stuff on facebook so I figure most people see what we're up to there. If you happen to be reading this, however, and are not on facebook with me, let me know so I can add you!
The past month has been busy. Aubrie and I flew to Oregon for five days to see my Grandma and that was awesome! I've got pictures to share from that trip. We've had a few weekend guests in the past month and that has been fun. Easter looks like it will be busy and my parents will be coming for a visit soon.
We recently moved Christian out of his bedroom and into the girls' room. This is temporary but we did it so that we can have a main floor guest room until our basement guest room is finished (hopefully this summer). So far, it has gone fine. In fact, I think the kids have been loving it. I was worried that the girls would keep Christian awake or vise versa but they have their bit of fun and laughing and then eventually they do sleep.
I am running my first 5K race on April 17th. That should be interesting. I know I can complete it, but am pretty sure I won't be among the first to finish. I will probably be in the back. But, hey, at least I'm going to try it. I've been running since last summer and the farthest I've gone is about 5.24 miles. I consider it great progress since I could hardly finish a third of a mile when I first started running. I also reached my goal weight a few months ago and that was very exciting!
I am turning 30 years old on April 24. All I can say is that I'm kind of dreading it. I feel young but 30 just sounds so old. Sam likes to tease me about it since he is a whopping two years younger than me.
So, those are just some random thoughts of mine and I realize there was really no point to this post except to give a little update. Have a great day!
3 comments:
I'm reading :)
What is your goal time for the 5K? You will do great! My Doc said I could start running a little at 2 weeks post partum. So last week I ran 2 miles a day 4 days. This week I am doing 3 miles. But they are slow miles. It is so frusterating to lose so much ground- but the baby is worth it ;)
Have a good week!
I'm reading too!
There's probably more people that read your blog than you realize. Lots of "lurkers" out there. Don't give it up! And yes, of course, I'm always on top of whatever you write! Yahooooooooooo! See you next week....actually....this week....gracious I haven't even started getting ready for this trip!
Post a Comment