This past week has been a lot of fun for us and our kids with family visiting from Tennessee. Sam's younger sister and her three kids (her hubby had to stay home and work) drove across the country to come visit family and friends last week and the cousins have had so much fun together! They used to live in our neck of the woods but moved away almost two years ago and it's hard being so far apart!Each time we get together, which is about once a year, it's crazy to see how much bigger her kids are. The kids have been running together non-stop and it's so cute to see them together. I think you can definitely see the family resemblance amongst the six of them, don't you think?!
A couple of days ago, we all drove a few hours north to spend time with Sam's grandparents in the town where he and his sister, Kelly grew up and that was when we got some GREAT photos of the kids both together and individually. I can't even begin to tell you how great it is to have a sister-in-law that does photography. Her talent and creativity seem to come out in every photo and once she gets all the photos she took on her computer back home for editing, she's going to get me a copy of them all and I'll be sure to post a few! Or a lot! :)
But for now, if you'd like to move your gaze to my sidebar, you'll see a sneak peek of the individual photos she got of our kids.
June is busy, busy, busy and next week I am covering some extra hours at the church I've been working a few hours a week at because the office administrator is going to be busy with her daughter's wedding. I LOVE my job! The work is fun, I love being able to go work whenever I want to, and the hours are so few that it hasn't been a hassle at all. I've only been working about 3-5 hours a week so it's practically nothing but the bit of extra money is nice and going in to a quiet office and working on the computer has been almost therapeutic for me! But for next week, I am looking forward to getting some more time in and while I'm working, Sam is going to take the kids back up to his grandparent's town to be with everyone for a few more days before they take off for TN.
This will be really weird because I've never been the one to stay home and work while Sam takes the kids somewhere! It's going to feel incredibly strange and when I get home from work, I might not know what to do with myself! It''ll just be from Wednesday through Friday night so not too long but I'm going to enjoy working in the office and enjoy some extra quiet too!
I'm so thankful to my hubby for being willing to be Super Dad for a couple of days!
So, that's just a quick update with us. Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
Don't you just love summer and all the fun that goes along with it?
Post a Comment