

We're doing really good! Little by little, we are figuring out a new routine and adjusting to being a family of six. The post partum period has been so much easier this time around. There are hard days, of course, but I am amazed at how smooth the transition has been with adding a new little family member. Haddie fits right into our loud and busy home. She doesn't flinch when her brother shrieks or even bother to open her eyes when a sister wildly screams. I think she's so used to it after hearing it in the womb that the noise just doesn't phase her. And that's good, because it does get noisy around here!
I honestly don't know where the last 5.5 weeks have gone. Haddie is starting to smile and coo and is no longer a newborn. Wow!
She will be dedicated at our church on June 12 and has a baby shower on the 13. Then, we will pack up the family and head to the town we used to live in a couple of hours away and Aubrie and Kayley will attend day camp for the week. I'm so thankful that it worked out for Sam to come this year - he is usually working when camp starts but he just happened to have the days off this year. So, it will be a sort of mini family vacation. We will stay in a large dorm room on the campus that I went to college at. It's right on the lake and there should be plenty to do during the day when we only have two kids! I'm really looking forward to our time there. I can hardly believe we have two kids old enough to go to day camp! They will have so much fun!
Bring on summer -- we are ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment