Well, I feel like I'm in the home stretch now. I will now start seeing my doctor every two weeks instead of monthly and that always seems to make the time go a little faster. Everything is right on schedule. Our little Hadassah moves ALL THE TIME and sometimes it's hard to catch her heartbeat just because she doesn't stop squirming. However, the doc finally got it the other day and it was in the 160's. So, she's doing great and I'm doing great and I'm still working out at the YMCA regularly and doing some light weight training. I love it, although it is getting harder and harder the bigger I get.
I am measuring 1/2 cm big which isn't really a big deal for a fourth baby. I actually measured 2 cm big with Aubrie, our firstborn, and she WAS a big baby ( 8 lbs 7 oz.) so I'm thinking this newest little girl will fall somewhere in the average range and my guess is she'll be 7 lbs 12 oz. Just my guess.
How much do you think she will weight?
Here is my history:
Aubrie: born at 39 weeks 2 days and weighing 8 lbs. 7 oz. (She is pretty tall now)
Kayley: born 37 weeks 6 days and weighing 6 lbs. 11 oz. (a little peanut and she still is!)
Christian: born at 39 weeks 2 days and weighing 7 lbs. 9.5 oz. (an average sized little guy)
I've also been thinking about and dreading labor lately. I didn't think much about it until recently but now it is definitely on my mind! I've had just about every scenario possible with my kids and I'm really wondering how things will go this time. Will she come early? How long will my labor be? Will I have time for pain relief or will it go too fast (again)?
My labor with Aubrie was about six hours long, start to finish. With Kayley, it was two hours and ten minutes long. And with Christian, it was three hours long. So, we shall see.
So, those are my thoughts on the baby and pregnancy. In other news, it's been a rough week around here with the kids being sick. I'm fighting hard to stay healthy myself and so far have just been battling sinus headaches which I will take any day over some of the other illnesses going around.
Sam's job is going good and he has been so good to me as I try and get through these final weeks of discomfort.
And, I do think spring may come one day! I can almost smell it in the air.
And that is all for today.

4 comments:
Lesley you look beautiful! The anticipation of seeing that little one is so wonderful. It is neat that we are only six weeks apart! Our little guy or gal is very active too and loves to put those little feet under my ribs. :)
I was starting to become nervous over the prospect of labor and asked the Lord to give me peace. After several days of asking, one night He just spoke to me that I did not have to be rushed or tense, just relaxed and should enjoy the time with my husband. That it can be a sweet time as I work to bring this little one into the world. Of course I don't exactly what to expect since this is my first, but I am so thankful for the peace the Lord has given me.
Have you heard of the Bradley Method? Our midwife lent us the book, so I am reading it out loud to Patrick. I really like their plan of relaxation, it makes sense to me.
Love you sister!
I used the Bradley method and it was great. When I was in the delivery room having Lesley tje doctor commented on how he wished all his mothers could be like that. He'd had "a screamer" recently and that was still ringing in his ears I think! I didn't take classes; you can learn it by reading.
Hi Leah! Yes, it is so exciting that we are only six weeks apart! I can't wait to hear the news of your little one being born. You will do great! I am so glad the Lord has given you peace about labor. I will start asking Him to give me peace also!
And yes, I read the book about the Bradley method also when I was pregnant with Aubrie and it does make a lot of sense! Relaxation is key. Unfortunately for me, both the speed of my labors and the severity of the pain took me by surprise and all my goals for relaxing and correct breathing flew out the window as I had a really hard time coping with the pain. Speedy labors can be good in some ways but they are also incredibly difficult because there is no gradual progression of labor -- for me, it's just BAM, and then I feel as if I am in agony until the baby is out. But, I will be praying for all to go as it should and know I'll get through it with the Lord's help! :)
So happy for you and your husband -you are so close to holding your little one! I'll be praying for you! Love you!
And Mom, yes, I'm sure your doctor was so thankful to have you as a patient! Ha!
Thank you Lesley, I will be praying for you to have His peace as well and for a good delivery. How good our Lord is to promise that He will not give us more than we can bear!
Post a Comment