Wow, I have been a bad blogger! It's not that I haven't thought about it because I actually have quite often. It's just that when I think of all the things going on in our lives lately, I just feel exhausted and stressed and blogging about it all just seems overwhelming. But, in case anyone is wondering what in the world is going on with us -- well, the latest is that things are in the final stages with our buyers and we will close on our house sometime before January 30th. Ha, I know, I know, we have heard things like this before and it didn't happen. So, we are not holding our breath but at the same time, I just have a peace that it will happen even if I don't know exactly when. And when it happens, I am going to throw my head back and laugh and squeal to Sam, "It really happened! Our house is sold! Never mind the fact that the closing date changed three times (hopefully not more than that), and that we have been living out of boxes for weeks and weeks -- it sold!" Or something like that.
Other than that, we are doing great around here. I'm still loving the 10 or so hours a week that I work as a church secretary. It is so much fun to be creative and do things I enjoy and get paid for it too! The flexibility of it is just perfect for our family and being able to pick my own hours and go in whenever I want is awesome too.
Sam is currently working a schedule where he works 12 hours shifts for four days (or nights) in a row and then has four days off. It rotates each week from days to nights. It is actually a really nice schedule and it is more pay than his other schedule. The four days/nights that he is working do get very long for all of us but then having him home for four days more than makes up for it. We do a lot of family stuff on his days off and really enjoy our time together. We are thankful!
I'll try to get some pictures on here soon because I have a bunch of new ones. Now, I'm going to go relax and relish the peace and quiet with my kids finally in bed. Hope everyone had a good Christmas!
1 comment:
Hi, Lesley!
Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I'm glad to see you're at peace with everything happening with the house. Glad you guys get four days with Sam, too! We're enjoying our family time during Jacob's vacation from school, too.
Anytime you're in the area, you're welcome here--I could host a playdate or we could meet somewhere else, too. It would be lots of fun to get together again. :)
Post a Comment